Friday, 29 April 2016

What were the last wishes of Alexander the Great?

What were the last wishes of Alexander the Great?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-were-last-wishes-alexander-great-annie-bennett?trk=mp-reader-card

Where is your money? Where is your power? Where is your arrogance?
On his death bed, Alexander summoned his generals and told them his 3 ultimate wishes:
1. The best doctors should carry his coffin;
2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery, and
3. His hands should be let loose, hanging outside the coffin for all to see.
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain. Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that, in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal.
2. I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth.
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is TIME..
Have you ever wondered how you will leave this world with all your properties and money? I have often wondered about death and how people will think of me when I am gone. I have no children at the moment and I have property so if I die now, it will go to my immediate family. I manage a guesthouse in London and I often wonder about the meaning of life. Of course when you go to a new country you have never visited before, you will need somewhere to stay so I believe I am satisfying a necessary need for tourists and visitors of London. I enjoy meeting all kinds of people with their different cultures. I guess I enjoy my job.
We all have our professions or jobs. I know some of you work for food and shelter and not for pleasure but that is also a need whether it is for your family or just yourself. Having huge amounts of money and property is nothing in the big screen of things. Having exactly what you need to live is important but having too much of anything has not always been a good thing. An example of this are the rich celebrities that died early in their life due to an overdose of drugs, drink, early onset of cancer and some of them even committed suicide. We the public, thought that they had everything and yet it seems they had nothing.
Alexander the Great certainly made that clear in his last 3 wishes before he died. None of us can stop death. It will come to us. I often think about what I have given to the world. In this post I hope I have made those of you who didn't think start to think now. You may be very young or very old or just middle aged when you read this post. Whatever you are, I would hope that from now on, you make the right decisions about your life and have no regrets when it is your time to go. I am not necessarily talking about your job or your career but more about your health and your family; the one you have and the one you wish to have. Love is also important as we all want to love and be loved. It is human nature. 
No one on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time on my business".Paul E. Tsongas, New York Times, Jan 14, 1987
Annie Bennett - Customer Services Manager
Add me: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/anniebennett1
Please like my page: https://www.facebook.com/roseguesthouse.co.uk/
Follow me: https://plus.google.com/113088373174728427646
Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/bCJ8gv
Click here to buy the London Pass
www.roseguesthouse.co.uk